Thank you Diane, and this just in…
- PHD are having a sale starting on the 1st of August. I’m looking forward to some new test kit from them for autumn.
- Winter is here. It is in the outdoor trade anyway where the change in seasons means having to put anti-theft tags through waterproof jackets in a new colour before you hang them on a rack… So it’s all A/W 08/09 at the moment. There’s a lot of good stuff on the way, and there a lot of bandwagon jumping which we’ll have fun pointing out and ridiculing. I didn’t think a British brand would rip off Haglöfs‘ LIM or Intense colour schemes, but they have.
- An interesting point is that Keen has canned eVent in all its footwear and replaced it with KEEN.DRY, their own-brand waterproof/breathable membrane. Their winter line up looks nice. Some light boots that I’m sure will take a Kahtoola crampon, and a Five.Ten slaying approach shoe. We’ll see some of that nearer winter.
- I’ll have some new brands coming along over the next few weeks, Leki poles (Carbon Makalus coming up in a minute), AKU footwear and more. We’ll also be having a sock war. Sock apocalypse even. Socks made sexy. Maybe not, but still there will be many, too many to mention. But they will be mentioned.
- I had scrambled eggs on toast in the Tiso cafe for breakfast, and then I had a Greggs egg mayo softie for lunch, well part of lunch at any rate. That’s a lot of eggs, I think I forgot about the previous eggs in all the excitment of finding a new Greggs in Rutherglen. Where, inidentally they put the milk and sugar in your cuppa rather than give you wee bag of stuff you apply yourself or keep for camping.
- I’ll be in a tent really soon. How happy am I. Theory is rubbish, practise makes perfect.
Help ma’ Boab, was that a news bulletin?